Sunday, March 30, 2008

Does StumbleUpon Work?

I must admit that I am a baby when it comes to social bookmarking. I've been signed up for StumbleUpon for awhile but had never done much with it. One day I decided to amble on over there for awhile and explore it. Well, I decided to enter a site of mine that I didn't have on it (not this one). All I did was write a couple of sentences describing it and let it go at that.

When I checked my site's stats about two hours later I saw that I had over 300 visitors - most through StumbleUpon! Now that was pretty exciting, but I'm afraid they weren't exactly targeted visitors. But I think generating that much interest was worth it!

Here's my link to my StumbleUpon page and you can check it out from there if you like.
Happy stumbling!

1 comment:

Giamatti said...

Hey diane, great article on stumbleupon, socialnetworking sites are great for traffic, although most of thattraffic isnt indeed targeted, yet its a great way to get your blog "out there".