Friday, February 1, 2008

Get dollars for blogging!

How many of us would love to get dollars for blogging? I know that there are paid to blog companies out there and that's okay if that's what you want to do. However, I've been looking for ways to make my own blog bring in the dollars! I briefly considered paid to read emails and surveys, but quickly came to the conclusion that there was too little to be made for the time it would take to complete them.

So, back to figuring out how to make my own blogs become moneymakers. After reading about keyword research, SEO techniques, bringing in traffic, writing articles, listing on directories, affiliate marketing, advertising...my mind was reeling. I did become somewhat frustrated because it seemed like there were so many directions I had to go, and so little time to go there! Finally, I settled upon a very good instructional ebook, "Honest Riches" after stumbling upon a very helpful forum that the author runs. It seemed like a small investment if I could go to one source and find all the information and resources I needed to get started. Plus, the people on the forum obviously thought highly of the author, Holly Mann. She was even offering additional support and answering questions - all I had to do was register (for free). The book, was a great investment and definitely got me started in the right direction. I will be referring to it for some time to come - I even got a free website already set up as part of the offer!

Some of the information and advice "clicked" and some of it went over my head. What finally did dawn on me was that it really was work trying to make money online. You have to put some thought into it, as well as time and effort. What really seems to work for me is to keep it simple. Find something that makes sense and follow it through.

Getting dollars for blogging isn't all that difficult if you're smart enough to take advice from successful people who are willing to help. Find something that works for others that you can see yourself doing. Put in the effort - and time into it and you can make it worth your while.

No comments: